To further enhance the security of our users’ accounts, Catalyx has made Two-Factor Authentification (2FA), a requirement. The codes generated to log-in, register, or reset your password will be provided by the Authenticator, that you register.
There are many different Authenticator options to choose from, however we recommend using the Google Authenticator, if you have never used one before.
2FA is an extra layer of security used to make sure that people trying to gain access to an online account are who they say they are. First, a user will enter their username (email) and a password. Then, instead of immediately gaining access, they will be required to provide another piece of information, like this 2FA verification code. With 2FA, a potential compromise of just one of these factors won’t unlock the account. Even if your password is stolen or your phone is lost, the chances of someone else having your 2FA information is highly unlikely.
Q3. How to set up your account for two-factor authentication
Sign into your Catalyx account, as you normally would. Once logged in, you will be directed to setup your 2-Factor Authentication.
You can download any FREE secondary authenticator option online. However the steps provided below are for setting up/registering, the Google Authenticator.
How to set up 2FA using the Google Authenticator App:
1. Download the Google Authenticator from the App store you use- ie. Apple Store or Google Play.
2. Once you have downloaded it and are on the home screen of the Google Authenticator App, please click the “+” sign on the bottom right corner, which will allow you to register your Catalyx account to the Authenticator.
3. If you are using the Authenticator through your mobile device, click on “Scan a QR code” icon.
* Should you be using a PC, select the "Enter a Setup Key" option.
Please be sure when registering the Authenticator that you securely store the setup key (which is the combination of letters and/or numbers noted below QR code), so that in the event you lost access to the Authenticator again, you can easily re-register it yourself.
4. Once you have scanned the QR code provided on the Catalyx website, it will automatically add Catalyx as an account in your Authenticator.
*Should you have selected the "Enter a setup key option". You will then be prompted to enter a "Name" for the account, which should be Catalyx. You will then need to enter the "Key", which is the code noted below the QR code provided on the Catalyx website. Copy and paste that into the Authenticator in order to add it. Once done click "add" and it will automatically add Catalyx as an account in your Authenticator.
5. Once the account is registered in your Authenticator, you will be able to see Catalyx listed as an Account, with your email noted beside it. Under it you will see a 6-digit code.
6. Enter the 6-digit code manually onto the Catalyx site and click “Submit”. This will complete your registration.
Should you currently have SMS setup as your current 2FA login option, please make sure to initiate the “get a code” option, prior to entering the verification code for the Authenticator. As both will need to be entered simultaneously in order to register the Authenticator to your account.
*Please keep in mind that this code is constantly changing (it expires every 25 seconds), so be sure to give yourself enough time to copy it and enter it into the site, before it expires, or you may need to try again using the next 6 digit number. being presented.
Please Note: It is highly recommended that you check to make sure your Google account is backed up and that your contact information is up to date on your account, so that in the event you lost your device you are able to recover your Google Authenticator account
Please click here, should you require support with your Google Authenticator.
Should you experience any issues, please contact the Catalyx Customer Care.